Boss Up or Get Tossed Up
By Min. DJ
In the world there are two types of people – “the Boss” and “the Tossed”. Bosses are people who are in charge and they know it. They have authority and they’re not afraid to use it. They are masters of their domain. The tossed on the other hand are everything but in charge. Their lives are out of wack because they let their environment control them instead of them controlling their environment. Which one are you? Let’s run a little test to get the answer.
When you walk into a room full of people your age that you don’t know, do you:
- Pull out your pocket mirror to make sure you don’t have anything in your teeth;
- Put on a mean mug so people know not to mess with you;
- Mind your business and don’t speak to anyone unless they speak to you first;
- Look for someone who’ll give you an opportunity to tell them about Jesus
When someone calls you out of your name, do you:
- Get in their face and act like the name they just called you;
- Call them something worse;
- Laugh it off and pretend like it didn’t hurt your feelings while secretly wondering if what they said is true;
- Ignore the comment and pray for them because they’re obviously the one with a problem not you.
Paul said in Ephesians 4:14 that only babies allow people to toss them around. Don’t get tossed up by people’s opinions of you. Don’t allow people to control your reactions. You cannot dominate other people, but if you’ll exercise self-control, you can master your domain. Don’t let people’s foolishness get you into trouble. Make decisions based on what God thinks, not what people think. Boss up or get tossed up!